The call is open for filmmakers to participate in the official sections of D’A 2024, which will be held from April 4 to 14, 2024. The competitive sections of the festival are Talents, Un Impulso Colectivo and Un Impulso Colectivo – Short films. The deadline for submitting proposals is January 14, 2024.
The D’A 2024 increases the amount of the Talents Award up to 15,000 euros and changes the premiere status, as the films participating in the Talents competitive section must be at least Spanish premiere. The films participating in the rest of the sections of the festival (Un Impulso Colectivo, Un Impulso Coletivo – Short Films, Directions and Radar) must be at least Catalan premiere. Check the regulations here.
The festival awards are:
- Talents Award: 15,000 € for the person or company that registered and/or confirmed the film’s selection at the D’A – Barcelona Film Festival. All films selected for the Talents section are eligible for this award.
- Un Impulso Colectivo Award: 5,000 € for the director of the best film in this section. The feature films that are part of the Un Impulso Colectivo section are eligible for this award.
- OpenECAM Award: The ECAM (School of Cinematography and Audiovisual of the Community of Madrid) will provide its facilities and technical material for the recording and editing of the next work by the award-winning author, either a short or a feature film. The award will be valid for 18 months from the date of the announcement of the award, provided that the installations of the ECAM are available. The films that are part of the Un Impulso Colectivo section are eligible for this award.
- Un Impulso Colectivo – Short Films Award: 1,000 € for the director of the best short film in this section.
- Critics Award: Award granted by the Catalan Critics Association. All films selected for the Talents section are eligible for this award.
- Audience Award – Feature Films: Award from the audience votes from among the films screened in all sections, except the opening, closing, special and retrospective screenings.
- Audience Award – Short Films: ward from the audience votes from among the films screened the sessions of the Un Impulso Colectivo – Short Films section.