The D’A begins its thirteenth edition implementing actions in favor of sustainability. Everything leaves its footprint. The films screened at D’A mark us each edition with their emotional, groundbreaking, reflective, free-thinking imprint… This desire for stimuli makes us keep moving forward, year after year. However, in this present thirteenth edition we will not step so hard; not because of the quality of the films, but because we have got down with the Carbon Footprint.
This way, we align ourselves with the film festivals that are already leading this global rethinking for a carbon neutral future, such as the Berlinale and the Zinemaldia.
With the advice of ‘Sostenibilidad a Medida SL’, last year we calculated our footprint. The diagnosis resulted in about 0.41 kgsCO2eq per attendee. With this data at hand, among others, we have developed and implemented a Sustainability Plan for the 2023 edition. The report that will evaluate the greenhouse gas emissions linked to each activity of the D’A will provide us with data to calculate the improvement of the implemented actions and will make us eligible for the certification granted by A Greener Festival.
Some of the current actions for a #DAsostenible are:
- No official cars. We favor the train trips of the guests whenever possible and those collected at the airport are made with electric taxis.
- Messaging in 100 per cent green vehicles.
- All packaging is recyclable and reusable.
- Recyclable and sustainable merchandising from local companies.
- LED lighting in the Festival spaces.
- Proximity: nearby spaces, walkable, and promotion of public transport through agreements with RENFE and TMB.
- Internal communication dispensing with e-mails.
- Increased online ticket sales.
- Catering from local companies with environmental criteria.
We wish to contribute to generate a culture of sustainability among our public and participating entities. Help us to make it possible!
Next stop: a carbon-neutral D’A. A #DAsostenible.
Source: Objectius desenvolupament sostenible ONU
- All Festival spaces are accessible.
- The Opening and Closing sessions have SDH.